We write to express our strong opposition to portions of the recently released 2021 Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters (NBPP) proposed rule. Specifically, we are concerned that this proposed rule would reverse a patient–friendly policy about how health plans treat cost–sharing assistance and make it even harder for patients to afford their medicines. While we value your partnership and interest in addressing high drug pricing, we believe the provisions in the proposed rule would put life–saving medications out of the hands of patients who need them.
- Patients with compromised immune systems are most at risk for coronavirus. Medicare blocks them from accessing in-home care.
- 72 lawmakers back patients in fight over NBPP co-pay rules
- How Do PBM Business Policies Affect Patients?
- When Your Payer Also Wants to Be Your Care Provider
- What’s Brewing in California With the Healthcare Law?