About Patients Rising Now
Patients Rising Now is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to advocating for the rights of patients with chronic and life-threatening illnesses. We work at community, state and federal levels to activate patients in support of reforms and legislation aimed at advancing patient access to and affordability of healthcare.
- We stand up for patients’ rights and dignity.
- We advocate for the importance of medical innovation and timely access to the treatments patients need.
- We engage with patients, medical professionals, policy experts and legislators to have solution-oriented discussions and to keep healthcare transparent.
- We give a platform to patients and advocates to raise awareness of chronic and life-threatening illnesses.
- Our goal is to create lasting impact on the future of healthcare in the United States.
- We envision a healthcare system where no patient is deprived of access to the treatments they need when they need them.
Our Programs & Services
Share Your Story: a platform on which patients can tell their story of healthcare obstacles, such as Step Therapy, Prior Authorization and opaque insurance practices.
Patients are speaking out and sharing their stories at the national and state level to affect change. Policy changes start happen when patients band together district by district, city by city, and state by state to rise up and make their voices heard. Whether it is a city council in Philadelphia, a state legislature in Massachusetts, or the President of the United States — your voice matters. Learn about all the ways you can get involved. Let us know what matters most to you and your family!
ICERWATCH.org: A website dedicated to following the activities of the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review who make value judgements on new drugs.
Where We Stand on the Issues
Patients Rising Now is committed to engaging in policy discussions that impact the access and affordability of care for patients. We carefully review many issues, weigh opinions from experts, talk with patients, then create these position statements.
We hope these statements can help you understand our mission better and contribute meaningfully to your own position on these issues.
Board of Directors
John Kabateck, Chairman of the Board
Jonathan Wilcox, Board Member