About Patients Rising Now
Patients Rising Now is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to advocating for the rights of patients with chronic and life-threatening illnesses. We work at community, state and federal levels to activate patients in support of reforms and legislation aimed at advancing patient access to and affordability of healthcare.
- We stand up for patients’ rights and dignity.
- We advocate for the importance of medical innovation and timely access to the treatments patients need.
- We engage with patients, medical professionals, policy experts and legislators to have solution-oriented discussions and to keep healthcare transparent.
- We give a platform to patients and advocates to raise awareness of chronic and life-threatening illnesses.
- Our goal is to create lasting impact on the future of healthcare in the United States.
- We envision a healthcare system where no patient is deprived of access to the treatments they need when they need them.
Our Programs & Services
Our Patient Advocacy platform provides a full suite of advocacy initiatives. It focuses on cultivating and activating a diverse grassroots network of patients, families and allies to advocate for positive change in our complex healthcare system. We work at community, state and federal levels supporting reforms and legislation aimed at advancing patient access to affordable, quality healthcare.
Patients Rising Stories is our innovative story portal that enables patients to share their stories. It acts as a community for patients, caregivers, healthcare professionals and policy experts, as well as media and legislators, all while ensuring the patient’s voice is preeminent.
The Patient Access & Affordability Project evaluates the various frameworks used to assess and demonstrate the value of new treatments to ensure that the patient is kept at the center of these decisions.
Advocacy Master Class Training teaches patients from across therapeutic areas on key healthcare issues and different ways they can raise their voice to move the needle in healthcare.
Where We Stand on the Issues
Patients Rising Now is committed to engaging in policy discussions that impact the access and affordability of care for patients. We carefully review many issues, weigh opinions from experts, talk with patients, then create these position statements.
We hope these statements can help you understand our mission better and contribute meaningfully to your own position on these issues.
Board of Directors
John Kabateck, Chairman of the Board
Charles Weaver, Board Member
Terry Wilcox, Board Member